Saturday, June 13, 2009

sigh..

I take it back. Voting was not such a good idea.
After finding out about the results, I really regretted convining people to vote! Because I'd convinced many who didn't want to vote to vote, and I kind of guaranteed that it "is" going to make a difference. Actually I regret voting myself; I spent about 2 hours waiting in the lines to vote, to have a good effect on my country's-Iran's- future. But the future I was going for was way different from what I got after the election.
what must be kept in mind is that we've got elections every four years, so that people can decide who the president should be. But if the system doesn't respect people's votes, then there is no point in having an election in the first place!
I have no idea what's going to happen. The cities look tense and not at all calm, although people seem pretty united.
Whatever that happens, I just hope people don't get hurt...

No comments:

Post a Comment