Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Oh about teaching again..?!! yep!:)

Why do I get so stressed out these days?! I wasn't this nervous not even for my university entrance exam! I just try so hard for everything to be perfect! (I'm talking about the teaching thing!) Actually most of my conversations are on this subjct these days(sorry guys, such days will pass..!)
It got even worse when an observer came to observe me in my class on Sunday; there was a Reading that I had to teach on that session, It was the first time I was teaching a Reading, so I wasn't much confident. And she (the observer) being there made it even harder. So on that session, the class went really boring.
When I went to see her for debriefing the next day, She told me both the good points and the bad ones of my teaching, she also suggested some games and stuff in order to make my class juicy and fun!
I knew my class wasn't as interesting as it is supposed to be-well I just started teaching dude! I'll catch up. But she telling me that ur class is too boring made me really disappointed (at myself!) and kind of hopeless & depressed(the feeling really sucked)! And so the criticizes made me eager to work on my class atmosphere more (I had focused too much on the lesson plans and the material that I should teach that I didn't pay much attention to the atmosphere of my class.)
Today, my class was waaay more fun than before, as I used some of the tips she had given me.(It still has a lot to be improved though.) I'm on it!
I got to thank my observer! Oh BTW she had an exotically beautiful name; It was "Mana"! :)
Wish me luck people.



4 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I am happy that you started teaching and don't worry about handling the class;Even university teachers like the one we have in our "listening and speaking" class have difficulty managing their classes.Things will change by having more experience.
    Goood luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just reremembered! my bitter experience in "TTC"!!!
    In late 1386, while doing my "Demo" session, I was so stressed that I forgot the 3 main usages of "Present Perfect",something that I knew inside out at that time!I blew it abjectly!
    But any way, within the next 10 days, I made it the second time, since I didn't get disappointed, conversely, as you're doing, I increased my effort dramatically.
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Just a reminding,
    Once upon a time, when I was younger,the same experience struck me.My big problem was neither stress nor atmosphere, but the sense of humor, and imagine how awkward it is to control students in this way!
    Anyway,I hope to see you on the toppest peaks but Everest.
    Wish you luck,
    S.J.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your experiences.
    It's a relief to know I wasn't the only one! :)

    ReplyDelete